Monday, July 30, 2007

Biba Ristorante Italiano - Advertising Design




Quote from http://www.italiancookingandliving.com:

"Biba Caggiano is the chef owner of BIBA Restaurant in Sacramento, California, and host of her own internationally syndicated cooking show Biba's Italian Kitchen on the Learning Channel. (Presently the show is being seen on the Travel Channel.) Biba is also the award-winning author of six bestselling cookbooks. Combined, the cookbooks, which are all still in print, have sold over 500,000 copies. She has also recently signed a contract with William Morrow for two additional books."

I've designed several ads for her restaurant. This is my favorite, which never made it to print. This is a spec design that she turned down. I have to say, the one she went with wasn't great. I designed that one also - I'm not psoting it because, well, it sucks.

I used a old photo of Biba Caggiano. Used a full color photo of a picture frame. I aslo used some design dingbats for the little accent art pieces.

Photoshop & Quark

No comments: