Saturday, July 28, 2007

Street Candles Album Cover





I downloaded a "demo" of an Acapella Doo-Wop group from Barcelona, Spain. I was blown away at how great these guys sound. They are unsigned and had no artwork or anything. So out of the goodness of my heart, I designed an album cover for them and sent it to them.

Here is the reply I received from the lead singer:

Hi Mark ,this was a big surprise for us. Your work is amazing , we don't
know how to thank you, we're going to 3 radios tomorrow to record in live
too , we'll send you the programs for your enjoy!!
many many thank's friend.
Eddie "Street Candle"

Process:

I got a feel for the group by listening to their album. I also ripped tracks from YouTube, MySpace and a video to add to the album. I then searched the web for photos. Once I selected a photo I thought would work - I went to work. I used Photoshop CS3 for everything. Picked colors based on an outfit they wore in the video - white with pink. But used a dark Green/Blue color for contrast in the background. I put a transparent photo in the background of a street at night.

What do you think?

No comments: