Sunday, July 29, 2007

Ricky Dean - Del-Fi's Greatest - Album Cover Artwork





I know Ricky Dean personally... I consider him a friend. We work together. Everyday...

Ricky Dean recorded a series of singles back in '62 - '63 for the Del Fi record label (also on Emmy Records - maybe another - not sure). He's shared the stage with the likes of Jerry Lee Lewis, Brenda Lee, The Champs & The Ventures to name a few. His singles have shared the radio charts with Elvis Presley, Neil Sedaka & Ritchie Valens. However, Rick decided to leave music and enter the miltary, where he served his country. Upon his return home he decided not to return to music as the scene had changed so much. He then started a new career at a major newspaper corporation in N. California. He's been here 35+ years and will be retiring soon. He's married to his beautiful wife Jan (see track #4) and has three grown sons and grandkids. When I talk about "Rick" I always say - "If there were more people like Ricky Dean in the world, it would be a much better place". And I mean that. He's a class act, he lights up the room when he walks in. You can't help but love Rick's enthusiasm - for work, his family & life. I have had the pleasure of getting to know & work with Rick for the past 8 years. And for that - I feel blessed.

THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL RELEASE. Ricky Dean only released singles. I'm a designer here where we work. I took his promo photo and another pic he had and scanned them to created the front & back covers. I also scanned the actual 45 of "Liitle Girl" and re-created the look of that for the CD label. I then burned, printed, hand cut and produced about 100 cd's for Rick to give to family and friends - they flew of the shelves!! My copy of this album is autographed to me, by the legend hismself.

I used Photoshop CS3 & Quark

No comments: