Saturday, July 28, 2007

Madico: Performance Car Catalog Cover - 2005



This design actually has a story... goes like this. I knew a guy, we'll call him "John Doe" or "JD" for short. Anyway, JD & I worked together, JD got fired. Years later JD appeared out of nowhere. Somehow he got ahold of me. He asked if I could help him. He was trying to get a job for a car customizing shop as a designer. Are you seeing where this is headed? I arranged for JD to come by my place and he could show me what he was up to. He shows up with discs, catalogs, etc... So he says the owner wants him to design a "mock" or spec cover and based on this design, he would decide whether or not to hire JD.

So I ask him - what are yo thinking of doing. "I don't know...", he says.
"Do you have any ideas?" I say. "No". He replies.

So then I ask him if he know's what the following things are: pdf, clipping path, layers, distilling, resolution... HE HAS NO CLUE!!

Finally he comes out and asks if I will design a cover and he'll pay me... So I did. I know, I shouldn't have, but I'm not perfect and we all make mistakes. Anyway from what I understand he did get that job, he did pay me and then disappeared as fast as he had reappeared. I've never heard from him again... its been about 2yrs.

Anyway - I used some hi-res pics of a car that were form a disc, along with the Madico logo. I found a pic online of a road in Italy with The Coliseum in the background and used it. I've never seen the final catalog.

No comments: